Based in Denver, Colorado, Custom Training Innovations is the brainchild of Carol Nelson. With more than two decades of experience as a training project manager, instructional designer, eLearning developer, trainer, and educator, Carol is known for:
- Engaging and motivating adult learners with meaningful learning experiences
- Managing complex and global training projects and teams in changing and agile environments
- Designing, developing, and presenting engaging training, eLearning, and educational programs
- Following the ADDIE (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, and Evaluation) or SAM (Successive Approximation Model) model in a rapid-development setting
- Applying adult learning theory when designing learning experiences
- Collaborating with subject matter experts in many different industries
If your project requires a larger team, we can help with that too. We can add senior-level graphic designers, instructional designers, developers, and trainers to enhance the project and bring exceptional expertise and skills. These dedicated consultants will produce outstanding work to enhance the project and improve your results.
Carol Nelson holds a bachelor’s degree in education from Butler University and is a master’s candidate in education at Indiana University. She is a member and past president of the Rocky Mountain chapter and a national member of the Association of Talent Development (formerly American Society for Training and Development – ASTD). Carol is also a member of the eLearning Guild.
Carol lives with her husband, daughter, and a Springer Spaniel named Ike. She is a mid-west transplant and enjoys all that breathtaking Colorado has to offer as often as she can. She is also actively involved with Habitat for Humanity of Metro Denver and helps build an affordable home for a hard-working family each year.
Whether you want us to manage, design, develop, and implement an entire learning solution from beginning to end; take care of just a piece of the process; or partner with a team you have in place, we’re flexible. Depending on the project, we implement portions of our approach to fit what you need. We want your initiative to be successful and sustainable—and we have the know-how to make that happen.
- Take the time to comprehend your needs, goals, and audiences
- Propose sustainable solutions that accomplish your learning goals
- Manage the project, resources, timeline, and budget so your project meets your business objectives
- Collaborate with stakeholders at every level
- Employ experts and solutions that only meet the highest standards
- Minimize impact to clients’ work-in-progress
- Integrate performance-based and adult-learning principals
- Develop cost-effective and on-target learning experiences that improve comprehension, retention, and performance
- Provide relevant analytics to measure performance