Custom Training Innovations offers a variety of solutions—strategies and processes proven to engage, educate, and motivate your learners. All of our services are tailored to your business learning culture, audience, and business goals. We’ve been told we we’ve mastered the translation of “engineer speak;” it’s a badge we’re proud to wear.
Project Management for Learning Initiatives
Our project management services go beyond creating beautiful charts and reports. There are schedules and budgets to comprehend, roles and responsibilities to assign, subject matter experts (SMEs) to corral, abundant amounts of content to organize and filter, materials to develop, and management expectations to satisfy. We’re also adept at managing the unexpected, which inevitably arises no matter how prepared we are.
We can provide any or all of the following services:
- Execute an exceptional performance or learning initiative, including developing on-the-job training tools, training, targeted communication, job aids, etc.
- Manage scope creep and balance the scope with available resources and budget
- Determine the measureable business goals that stakeholders want to achieve
- Lead a small or large team of instructional designers, graphic designers, developers, SMEs, audio talent, language translation team, etc.
- Assess your current program and recommend how to blend eLearning, classroom instruction, virtual instruction, job aids, and performance support initiatives
- Resolve conflict through communication and clarifying expectations
- Mentor project managers, instructional designers, classroom trainers, subject matter experts who may be presenting, and other training support people to provide an exceptional learning experience
- Implement and assess the quality of deliverables based on established standards and metrics
Good instructional design is hard to define; but when you experience it, you know it.
When done right, it presents concepts clearly with the correct amount of review, practice, and real-world application. It flows and follows a logical progression. Concepts build on one another and are not randomly placed. Adult-learning principals are considered and are reflected in the design. Learners are required to think, pay attention, and remember key concepts. Good instructional design makes a difference in the success of your initiative.
We understand that today’s business environment often demands rapid instructional design and development to ensure the project remains flexible as the system or content evolves. Learners also need get up to speed quickly. With our experience and expertise, they do.
Our clients rely on us to:
- Determine what information really is required and the best way to present it
- Create real-life applications, activities, practice opportunities, and assessments
- Write learning plans that can blend eLearning, classroom instruction, virtual instruction or webinars, job aids, and performance support initiatives
- Simplify and organize technical or complex content into manageable, “bite-sized” pieces
- Partner with SMEs to document processes or product information to ensure the learners really understand
- Assess the needs of diverse learners and determine their skills and comfort with an upcoming change initiative
- Create eLearning storyboards and training resources
Corporations around the world have embraced eLearning with gusto—often despite really knowing how to design, develop, or use it. To reap its rewards, there’s a lot to it. We can help with that.
We understand that today’s business environment often demands rapid instructional design and development to ensure the project remains flexible as the system or content evolves. Learners also need get up to speed quickly and be engaged with each learning experience. With our experience and expertise, they do.
The type of content, your timetable, and your preferences all help determine the eLearning development tool. Not sure which one to choose? We can help you sort through the advantages and disadvantages of each option and provide some examples.
Our clients ask us to:
- Implement proven techniques to engage your learners, provide meaningful practice, and reduce the amount of time away from their jobs to complete training
- Select the correct eLearning tool and then develop eLearning in Adobe® Captivate®, Articulate® Presenter, Oracle® User Productivity Kit (UPK) or Adobe® Presenter
- Incorporate branching scenarios so that the learner’s response to a question determines their path through the eLearning
- Translate eLearning text and narration into multiple languages; eLearning narration can also be spoken and in multiple languages
- Record audio narration for eLearning projects
- Integrate videos and other media to create a more compelling learning experience
- Create a prototype that shows all eLearning components and incorporates your corporate look and feel
We believe that effective communication truly hinges on its delivery. No matter how good the planning, research, writing, and materials are, they are useless without a dynamic facilitator who can bring all the pieces together.
Learning experiences must be diverse to meet the needs of the organization and the learners. Salespeople are not the same as engineers. Administrative support people are different from the organization’s leaders. We adjust how concepts are presented based on who is in the room and how familiar they are with the subject matter.
Our talented team can deliver memorable sessions that keep participants thinking, learning, and engaged. We can facilitate instructor-led sessions, virtual training or webinars, train-the-trainer sessions, or a blend of multiple approaches.
We are happy to provide your organization with one or more of the following services:
- Engage classroom and virtual learners with meaningful activities, discussions, small group work, and real-life applications
- Tailor the content and teaching style to your audience; learners are different
- Make technical training more than a lecture and presentation slides
- Provide train-the-trainer experiences so our clients can pick up where we leave off
Training Material and Performance Support Tool Development
We are committed to writing training materials and performance support tools that are accurate, concise, and user friendly—and that transcend the boundaries between technical and non-technical audiences. We know how to organize material and make it visually appealing so that it makes sense to the user. We’re also quick studies, able to collaborate with subject matter experts, understand and sift through complex content, and author appropriate materials.
Our clients trust us to:
- Create clear, concise, and compelling training materials, participant guides, job aids, and performance support tools
- Write instructor guides to support instructors in a virtual or classroom environment
- Translate training material into multiple languages
- Edit eLearning and training materials to ensure compliance with branding and documentation standards
- Construct templates for Microsoft® PowerPoint®, learner guides, instructor guides, and job aids